NodeMCU is an open source ESP32 development board and firmware based in the widely used ESP8266 -12E WiFi module. It allows you to program the ESP8266 WiFi module with the simple and powerful LUA programming language or Arduino IDE.
With just a few lines of code you can establish a WiFi connection and define input/output pins according to your needs exactly like arduino, turning your ESP8266 into a web server and a lot more. It is the WiFi equivalent of ethernet module. Now you have internet of things (iot) real tool.
With its USB-TTL , the NodeMCU Development board supports directly flashing from USB port. It combines features of WIFI access point and station + micro-controller. These features make the NodeMCU extremely powerful tool for Wifi networking. It can be used as access point and/or station, host a web server or connect to internet to fetch or upload data.
- Finally, programable WiFi module.
- Arduino-like (software defined) hardware IO.
- Can be programmed with the simple and powerful micro python, Lua programming language or Arduino IDE.
- USB-TTL included, plug & play.
- 10 GPIOs D0-D10, PWM functionality, IIC and SPI communication, 1-Wire and ADC A0 etc. all in one board.
- Wifi networking (can be used as access point and/or station, host a web server), connect to internet to fetch or upload data.
- Event-driven API for network applications.
- PCB antenna.