This is a 5V, 10A 2-Channel Relay interface board. It can be used to control various appliances, and other equipments with large current. It can be controlled directly with 3.3V or 5V logic signals from a microcontroller (Arduino, 8051, AVR, PIC, DSP, ARM, ARM, MSP430, TTL logic).
It has a 1×4 (2.54mm pitch) pin header for connecting power (5V and 0V), and for controlling the 2 relays. The pins are marked on the PCB:
- GND – Connect 0V to this pin.
- IN1 – Controls relay 1, active Low! Relay will turn on when this input goes below about 2.0V
- IN2 – Controls relay 2, active Low! Relay will turn on when this input goes below about 2.0V
- VCC – Connect 5V to this pin. Is used to power the opto couplers
There is a second 1×3 (2.54mm pitch) pin header for supplying the “relay side” of the board with 5V. At delivery, a jumper is present on this header selecting the 5V signal from the 1×4 pin header to power the relays. For default operation, don’t change this jumper!
The pins of the 1×3 pin header are marked on the PCB:
- RY-VCC – This is the 5V required for the relays. At delivery, a jumper is present on this and the adjacent (VCC) pin.
- VCC – This is the 5V VCC supplied on the 1×4 pin connector
- GND – Connected to 0V pin of 1×4 pin header
If opto isolation is required, an isolated 5V supply should be used. For normal operation, a jumper bewtween pins 1 and 2 selects the 5V signal from the 1×4 pin header. This means both the “input side”, and “relay side” use the same 5V supply, and there is no opto-isolation.
Please note this board is not manufactured by Modtronix! We do not have control of the brand and quality of components used! For boards using durable, brand name components, also have a look at our range of Modtronix products. Following are some lists (created by search terms) of Modtronix products:
- High current relay, AC250V 10A, DC30V 10A
- 2 LEDs to indicate when relays are on
- Works with logic level signals from 3.3V or 5V devices
- Opto isolation circuitry
- PCB size: 50×45 mm
What is included
- 1 x Fully assembled, 2 relay board